Simple Whiteboard

To get the hang of being a developer in the OpenSource community, I decided to experiment and familiarize myself with GitHub and the features it has to offer. I create a new experimental repository named Whiteboard. This application is very simple, its primary functionality is to help you print your ideas to file.

This save functionality happens automatically every 5000 milliseconds (5seconds), and it can be viewed in the index.html. Additionally, I've managed to use hotkey.js to add a shortcut for manually saving the user's printed ideas to file. However, please note that these files aren't saved to your desired location, so if you'd like to retrieve them, you have to navigate to the browser's cache.

While creating this simple application, I learned about various Licenses available in the OpenSource community, as well as various libraries out there that can prove quite helpful for developers out there, saving us time in our projects.

Comments

Popular Posts