November and Open source

During November I will be tackling two things at the same time. I will looking for an external project in the open source community that will be challenging me more than what I did during Oktoberfest, as well as taking on an internal project with Seneca College for their CDOT planet named Telescope.

Telescope

Telescope is an open source project maintained by David Humphrey and his fellow Open Source students at Seneca College in Canada. This project focuses on updating the Planet CDOT website by upgrading visuals, containerization, as well as incorporating some aspects of the machine learning such as "Read time per article". The main frameworks being used so far are JavaScript, CSS, HTML, Redis, and Docker

For the telescope project, I decided to tackle on the front-end aspect of it by changing the design of the website. Working along-side wonderful colleagues, mock-ups were made and based on those I worked on developing a static HTML page closely resembling the mockup. Here's a link to the git-hub page website for preview purposes only, and anyone will be more than welcome to make suggestions. Keep in mind that this project is in its early stages and many improvements can still happen. 

External Project

Unforunately, due to a nasty flu, I have not been able to find a desirable external project that has me interested so far, But I will be sure to update you guys on the progress made in the upcoming week. 

Hope to see you guys next week. 



Comments

Popular Posts