November 15 and Open Source

It's that time of week again, with another update on my progress in open source world. As per my last post you all knew I couldn't find an external project I was interested int. Well, this week I decided to tackle baseweb repository in Uber. 

External

During this week I tackled on refactoring some of their themes in an issue they had posted. Unfortunately, some of these changes were unclear and I've been in contact with the creator of the issue, so we can work together on resolving it effectively and in a timely manner. The issue was asking for multiple fixes that can potentially break the application. These changes included a removal of some features such as zIndex, removal of certain primitive colors, and making certain functions have optional parameters. 

You can find the pull request here. I will be keeping you guys updated on the progress of this PR and whether or not the PR actually does go through. 

Wish you all the best weekend, 

Until next week. 

Comments

Popular Posts