Hacktober-Third

It's the third week of Hacktoberfest and I've decided to use this week to take a break from Web development and study some of the basic concepts of Data Structures (DS) and Algorithms.

This week, I wanted to brush up on Hash tables and Linear Probing. so what I did was search github for a project relating to DS. My search lead me to a very useful repository that collects code for various platforms for DS and Algorithms. Having seen no implementation of Dictionary utilizing Linear Probing and Hash tables in C++, I decided to implement it using template functions in C++. After spending 2 to 3 hours on this issue and writing over 300+ lines of code, I managed to successfully create a PR and will be awaiting response for either fixes or approval for merge.

On top of the PR this week, I've been getting updates on my original PR with Angular developers  from hacktober-first post, couple weeks ago. During my conversation with them, I managed to learn and practice a lot more about rebasing, fast forwarding merges, and squashing commits. I'm looking forward to my week off, and will be using that time to look for new ways on expand my knowledge within the open source community!

Until next week!

Have a wonderful hacktoberfest!

Comments

Popular Posts